No, you do not need a dentist referral to see a prosthetist. However sometimes we may refer you on to a dentist to get some work done on your natural teeth prior to starting your treatment.
How long will my dentures last?
We recommend that full dentures should be replaced every 5-7 years depending on their progressive condition. Ongoing maintenance must be considered for relines and repairs to sustain the comfort and function for you.
Chrome partial dentures will last for a substantial longer time compared to full dentures as the chrome is a strong structure that will last. However, the teeth and acrylic applied to the partial may need replacing or relining over the same period as full dentures.
How do I care for my sports mouthguard?
Your mouthguard should be rinsed with cold water before and after it has been in your mouth. If there is some debris inside the mouthguard, use a soft head tooth-brush under cold water to clean the interior. Place the mouthguard into its container that is supplied to you from our clinic after usage.
Handy Tip: avoid any sunlight or heat to the mouthguard as it will distort the shape that it has been custom made in for you.
How do I care for my dentures?
• Fill your vanity unit basin a quarter of its depth with warm water and place tissues/soft towel over the surface of the water. This will enable a safety net in case you should accidently drop your denture.
• Run water over your dentures and remove any debris visible using a soft head tooth brush. It is important to use a soft head tooth brush to avoid any micro scratches to your denture which can inhibit bacteria. You may choose to use soft hand soap or a denture cleaner to help in cleaning away debris. Avoid using harsh toothpastes as they are too abrasive and can damage your dentures.
• Rinse away any soap visible and insert for usage.
• Please ensure that you follow these steps every morning and evening to keep your dentures clean and hygienic.
• It is advised not to wear your dentures overnight to allow your mouth and gums to recover and relax from the day of wearing them. Placing them in the supplied denture bath container is fine. It is not necessary to place them into a glass of water as bacteria grows and thrives in wet conditions.
• If tarter and plaque begins to adhere to your denture please call the clinic to arrange an appointment for a professional clean.
How often should I replace my mouthguard?
Junior athletes should be replacing their sports mouthguard on a yearly basis due to the fact their teeth are changing rapidly. Junior athletes will feel that their mouthguard does not fit as they once did or has become uncomfortable to wear. This is the sign that a new custom mouthguard is needed. Adult athletes should replace their mouthguard 1-2 years. If the mouthguard is not fitting well during this time a new one should be made.
We have over 30 years combined industry experience. Our state of the art laboratory is supported by a network of industry experts. We are constantly maintaining our professional standards to ensure that our customers get the best possible result.
1st Floor, 150 Collins St Hobart Tas 7000
Bayview Market, Shop 9a, 5 Opal Dr, Blackmans Bay 7052